Start your project, track the progress, get it done 🔥
Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.
Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
Sometimes it is not about how much time we have, but how motivated we are.
Success only come to those who dare to attempt
A year from now you may wish you started today.
Life ends when one gives up learning and doing new things.
There is no good idea, safe idea or stupid idea, just idea we like to work on.
You might be too busy to start now, but you will have less time in the future.
Do that thing you always thought of trying.
Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.
You missed the best time to start, the second best time is now.
It's hard to beat a person who never gives up
Everyone should have a now page to tell about
"what I'm doing now".
Inspired by Derek Sivers
Keep a public log of Work In Progress to get feedback and support.
Share about the things you have done, your plans and your thoughts.
Magic of Commitment
Once you commit to post consistent updates, it builds the momentum to things done.
You get into the habit of making progress.
Desmond Lua posted 2020-04-03T05:34:48.434261
- Upload photo via WorkManager with status/progress update.
- Add timezone info to photo
- Allow user change timezone
- Redo import photos algorithm to capture accurate date and avoid duplicates
- Update Place, Card and Album Cover
- Fix bug of Firestore batch limit
- Generate Album, Place and Day description
- Implement get_timezone by location function
- Implement opengraph and twitter card
- Add page meta and cover
- Optimize bootstrap size
PS: This is the first project I have an official co-conspirator - my wife.
Desmond Lua posted 2020-04-03T05:26:01.138644
- Import data from https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-source-data
- Chart: Trending, Recovering, High Daily Cases, Stable
- World: https://covid-19.luasoftware.com/world
- Import Data from Ministry of Health, Malaysia: https://covid-19.luasoftware.com/p/malaysia
- Tag News: https://covid-19.luasoftware.com/news
I might be too busy or lazy to create a blog of technical tutorials (it does slow down my programming), but those notes are meant for myself (I treat them as documentation), then I am slightly more motivated to do it.
One of the reason many online tutorial sucks is because the author didn't really use the tech in production, thus I shall only document about tech I used and the problems I faced.
Besides, since I did google for a lot of answer online on a daily basis, perhaps it's time to contribute back into the information pool.
Lua Software Code: https://code.luasoftware.com/
PS: Thanks Boo for giving me the idea, else I will probably would not do this.
- to remember/show what I build in the past
- to share a postmoterm of why it fail
I go this idea when I was refreshing my CV and building a personal profile/portfolio page, which I realized I have forgotten about some projects or I no longer have any material to prove their existence (web page no longer online, no screen capture).
1. Inventory Management
2. POS features
3. Staff Management
5. Customer Loyalty
6. Social Media integration
Learning to deploy python in a production environmentMr Alexander Dowsett updated 2019-04-11T09:46:56.649514
I would love some hints and tips around this sort of thing. Any caveats I should know about? Rookie moves to avoid?
Mr Alexander Dowsett posted 2019-04-11T09:46:56.190858
Wow a bit of a late update here.
Turns out that python is really good fun to use. I have been playing with boto and python to manipulate s3 buckets. I have managed to get a lot of logging introduced to the scripts that need to be run.
A long way to go, but getting there!
I am learning Kotlin and Android's latest Architecture Components, so I build this app to put my learning into actual practice.
Try LuaPass: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luasoftware.luapass
The stack so far is kinda like this
docker on Azure
I have a bunch of issues regarding efficiency, the app displays heavy renders of maps and visualizations
- I need help setting up CI/CD
- I need to update a lot of tests (I'm using pytest)